Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lexington- Herald Leader News and Notes




Many of you may be asking why I am dedicating this post to the Lexington-Herald Leader. Well, all I can tell you is keep asking because the answer won't be coming until later. The suspense is killing you, I know. Until the big unveiling, here is what is going on in the world of sports.


  • Say what you want about LeBron James and his arrogance, the fact of the matter is that when in comes to arrogance nobody can top Kobe Bryant. In an interview Kobe stated that he could beat James in a one-on-one game "in his sleep". This I doubt. If the two went head to head I would say LeBron gets the better of him 6 out of 10 times. His size, speed and strength would be too much for Kobe to handle. I have no problem with Bryant saying he can beat LeBron. What else is he supposed to say? My problem is what my problem with Kobe always is: I hate his cocky, everyone sucks but me, I'm the greatest ever attitude.

  • Can anybody beat Alabama? Seriously. That's really all I have to say about that. Oh, the SEC might be getting their 100th BCS title in a row.

  • Michael Vick hurt his ribs in a loss against the Redskins this Sunday. He says he may miss a week, maybe two weeks. The fact is Kevin Kolb is the starter and they will lose however many games he starts. I can't wait to see the Philly fan reactions to Kolb the next time they play at home. He might not make it out alive.

  • Tony Worten Jr. tweeted John Calipari asking the coach why he stopped recruiting him. Well Tony, let me answer that for coach Cal: You are the #6 ranked point guard. Marquis Teague is the #1 ranked point guard. We got Teague therefore we don't need or want you. Louisville fans and Rick Pitino: That's two leftovers we gave you. The other is Chane Behanan since the higher ranked power forward Kyle Wiltjer committed to the Cats. You are welcome. Always and forever, Big Brother.

  • Josh Selby is still not eligible and it is still not being talked about on the level of Enes Kanter.

  • Everybody is back on the Jets bandwagon. This NFL power ranking has the Jets above the Ravens even though they have the same record and the Ravens beat the Jets. The author gives the old "if they played again" excuse. Are you serious pal? Are you in the third grade? News Flash: They played, the Jets lost. IF they played again you can't tell me for sure the Jets would win just like I can't tell you for sure the Ravens would win. We have no idea. Some people amaze me.

That's all for now kids. Stay tuned for some fun stuff later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment