Monday, March 8, 2010

Chris Gaines' Review of the Cards



So these days I feel confused. Not 2hot2handle, sexuality confused or Cards on the Cats bandwagon confused, but I just feel like the LASIK surgery went wrong and I can't believe my medically enhanced eyes, confused. At the gym this evening I witnessed a song with credits of "Jennifer Lopez as LoLa." This irritated me worse than a shirt that has the fabric softner stuck in the armpit. I just never imagined a bad singer being worse and the fact that she didn't learn the lesson of Garth "Chris Gaines" Brooks 11 years earlier is just crazy.

This weekend I had the exact same feeling. Watching the Cards seemingly dominate the #1 ranked team in the country, I wished I could rub my eyes (I can in 1 more month - stupid LASIK) and check to make sure the peepers were working correctly. The Cards seemingly had pulled a Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines/Garth Brooks comeback (UConn Marquette Syracuse).

Seemingly, they had bounced back faster than a baby on a trampoline with Boogie after that big Marquette loss. There's just one problem. I'm not sure the fans or even Rick Pitino knows who they're going to see on any given night. Will it be Brooks (Syracuse x2), or Gaines (St. Johns and Marquette) or a first half with Brooks and second half with Chris Gaines (West Virginia and Villanova)? The NCAA's don't particularly take well to the LoLas of the word - you better bring your good-ego every game, every half.

Hopefully for the Cards and their fans they can find that Garth Brooks side of things or I figure they can always make Samardo Samuels wear a headband.  The non-headbanded alter-ego of "Demarcus" known as "Cousins" always seems to play well.

No comments:

Post a Comment