Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Twitter: It's all about the 'maters

Brooks may be flooding everywhere in Kentucky, but Rich's infrequent tweets is a welcomed addition to anyone's Twitter feed.
I joined Twitter a year ago for one reason, to read about ol' Coach Rich Brooks' 'maters. Over the last few months I started following other writers, coaches, players, recruits, and fans. I started actually tweeting. Typically, everyone is always out to promote their interest on Twitter, their blog, site, pictures, or publicize their name (including me). So my Twitter feed on my Google Android gets quite full. Evan Daniels, John Clay, and Pat Forde fill the feed faster than a Twinkie fills a fat kid's face.

However, this weekend I renoticed Brooks' tweets. I saw the reason I joined in the first place - before the SportsThat blog, before the need to know everything and anything about recruiting. Although they didn't have the 'maters, it did have the same fun feeling. That sense that you don't have someone peering his thoughts (@UKCoachCalipari) and that I can actually understand (@Jimmywa11 and @BoogieCousins):

Per UKCoachBrooks:

Fishing small mouth at Dale Hollow. Having ahold time.

Last day to get some more small mouth and back to Lex this afternoon. Great lake!

On the way back to Lex Denny is here for the Derby. No fish today-the bite was off.

At the Derby and like Awesome Act in the big race. Glad to be in a box out of the weather.


Not very good picking horses!! Good for Calvin!!

How about all this rain?? My pond is full and is close to flooding. Hope it let's up some.

My pond is over the banks and the creek behind it now makes a big muddy lake.

Driving to Atlanta for Kerri's birthday. Get to see little Brooks as well.

Helping Kerri get settled in her new house. Warm down here!
So on a slow day that I don't want to do another Terrence Jones article, I'm taking a step back and thinking about the bass and hope for the 'maters to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment