Tuesday, May 4, 2010

John Calipari on the NBA Rumors




So ESPN and some analysts (I'm looking at you Jay Mariotti) have suggested that John Calipari might be and should be interested in the Bulls job. Well, this is straight from Coach Cal's Facebook page:


Throughout my career I've been mentioned for other jobs. Now that I'm here u won't hear about other colleges because I've got the best job. Every year you will hear my name mentioned for NBA jobs because I coached in the league before. I'm very happy at Kentucky. Go Big Blue!


He doesn't mention the Bulls by name but we all know what he is talking about. This further reaffirms my statement that as long as Cal is succeeding with the Cats that this will happen every year. I just hope he stays in love with the job as he is right now.


Coaches have said things like this before and then slipped out in the dead of night for a more attractive gig. Layne Kiffin to USC comes to mind as does Rick Pitino to Boston. But all you can do as a fan is have faith in your coach. I have faith that Cal is going to stay for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment