Friday, May 14, 2010

Calipari: I will be coaching at Kentucky next year

Below: Something totally unrelated to anything in this story...or BoogieWoogie
The Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and Cavs make up 13% of the NBA. But that 13% represents the same portion of teams that have been rumored to be destinations for Kentucky Coach John Calipari. I've heard Jay Mariotti, Tony Kornheiser, Woody Paige, BoogieWoogie, and more talk about how Cal is or should be departing after this season.

This morning all the speculation was seemingly put to rest today via Twitter. Calipari came out, in the non-T-Ferg kind-of way, and said:

I’ve said many times that I’ve got the best job in the country. Still the speculation runs wild and I can’t stop that…I want to address this with the Big Blue Nation one last time, I will be coaching at Kentucky next year. Now let’s finish what we started!
I'm sure we hear more noise than an assistant coach at the back room door of Porcini's, but it's just that noise. Cal has addressed the issue. Now we have addressed Cals address.

1 comment: