Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rod Strickland Out and Kenny Payne (Not) In

I guess Rod was practicing for future mugshots with this team photo.
Rod Strickland has just come off of a drunk driving incident and has "decided on his own" to leave the sidelines at Kentucky and to take a more hands-off approach with the team. He has been assigned to some type of "administrative" position that has not been made fully clear. Let's just call this what it is: a demotion. This is his third DUI in his lifetime and this needed to happen. You can't have your coaches running around doing things that you tell your players not to do. I think UK is making the right call on this by not publicly humiliating the guy but still taking action.


In other news that pertains to this story, ex-Cardinal Kenny Payne has come out and publicly stated that he has "no interest" in any UK assistant coaching job. Now that there is a spot open, I am sure that there will be more rumors floating around. I wouldn't take Payne's name completely out of the hat just yet. He has close ties with Calipari and going to Kentucky would be a huge jump from Oregon.
P.S. Did I not call this whole scenarion this morning or what? I am now patting myself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment