Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Texas Football News of the Day

So I'm on my way to the Lone Star state for a few days, where I'll be laying my hat down in Houston until Thursday evening. When you're traveling by yourself, you have a lot of time 'alone.' Providing a great opportunity for self reflection and of course blogging. My first thoughts in a crowded airplane turned to the absenteeism of attractive women that accompany me 32,000 feet above the ground. Sure it may be due to my high standards, which I would place at around the level of Rick Pitino's pants at an Italian restaurant, but my guess is that it has more to do with my destination. The Kentucky State Fair photo I posted is a decent representation of the caliber and bovine sized females available.

Anyways, this is Texas and as despite being Holstein sized, they are football fans. So here's the news starting with the game of football:

- The Wildcats have announced their starting QB for the upcoming Kentucky Louisville game. It is none other than Mike Hartline. Hartline was the preseason. favorite and front runner and as the incumbent, probably won the spot much easier than Joker Phillips would have everyone believe.

- As I posted earlier, Adam Froman was announced via Twitter per Chuck Strong as the winner of the 'Who wants to be a starting Louisville QB' contest. This was probably just as expected as the Hartline pick. Thus, the only thing remaining in the chess battle of coaching, is the game itself.

- There is word from the Indianapolis Star today that UNC, Kansas, and Kentucky are being investigated concerning the recruitment of Kansas' Josh Selby. I'm on a plane, so I can't link it, but I'm sure Cardinal fans and other Kentucky haters will also being flying at the chance to take another jab based on rumors.

- I realize the majority of our audience is in committed relationships, but in case they go south, there in a new prospect out there. Tiger's wife is officially his ex wife as the divorce went final. I have no problems with being a gold digging man whore in the instance the woman is under 30 and close to a billionaire...Elgin, leave your email in the comments, xoxo

- I want to wish 'Sweet' Lou Piniella congratulations on a great career as he ended it Sunday. Lou decided a few months ago to retire at the end of the season, but with his mother's failing health, put on his jersey for the last time. Good luck Lou, your rants will be missed.

3 comments:

  1. I was at Wrigley for his final victory as a manager and I caught a foul ball. What is the going price for that on ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elgin - Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, Candice Crawford, and many others; found love in the NFL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Coach, I believe Elgin will find love on a low class local sports blog... not in the NFL... hopes and dreams... @Elgin, I am waiting

    ReplyDelete