Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Joker Phillips is Staking His Claim

I hate to do it but I gotta beat my friend Charlie Strong. I gotta beat him bad. It brings a tear to my eye thinking about how I am going to beat the heck out of him in front of all 100 Louisville fans in his debut.


The head coach of the University of Kentucky is making sure that he has a foothold in the city of Louisville. Joker Phillips knows that St. X, Trinity, Male and Holy Cross high school (not really but I gotta show some Cougar love) are all Louisville schools with premier football players. Recruiting here is essential for success.


Phillips stated that "We want to have a huge presence in Louisville." Good for you Joker! The presence has already been established with the numerous billboards all around the city as well as a HUGE Kentucky fan base in the belly of the beast. Beating Louisville for a fourth consecutive time will go a long way in convincing those young men that Lexington is the place to be.


Phillips also talked a little bit about what type of football team the fans should expect: "We want to play really fast...be an aggressive, attacking football team." Amen to that brother. UK's offense has speed to burn especially at the running back and wide receiver positions. The defensive back field is also blazing fast.


10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment