Monday, August 23, 2010

Cardchronicle Calls it for the Cats




Finally! A Louisville fan with some damn sense. Cardchronicle's Mike Rutherford finally has his score up for the Cats/Cards game on September 4th and he has the Cats winning 24-13. He gives his reasons as the undersized defensive line of the Cards will be run over by Cobb, Locke and the young but deep UK O-Line. He also says that emotion and effort by both teams will keep it close but the talent of the Cats will overcome in the end. I couldn't agree more.


This is a dose of reality for the Card faithful and I have been saying this for months: the team is not very good. Rutherford also has the Cards going 5-6 for the regular and 2-5 in the Big (L)East. Again, I agree. This is not Matt Jones, this is not me or some other UK fan, this is coming from a Card lover if there ever was one. Now if only the REST of the Cardinal fan base would jump on to the reality band wagon then all would be right in the world.


I'm not saying that there could not be an upset, because stranger things have happened and it is a rivalry. But it is highly unlikely. And, as long as we are talking reality, I'm not expecting UK to be crowned national champs. I think 7-5 is realistic as is 8-4. Then again they could be 9-3 or 6-6. I think they win all of their non conference games and then the SEC will be what it always is: a beast. But last year the Cats took down Georgia and Auburn, something that was unheard of 10 years ago. The team is making strides and this year, honestly, is murky at best. But I do think that they have the personnel to make some noise if they stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment