Saturday, September 25, 2010

Recruitng Wars: The Force is Strong with Phillips (get it?)




A hot topic of debate this week was whether or not Joker Phillips was getting the better of Charlie Strong or not. Naturally, being the Big Blue hot head that I am, I called it for Phillips since lately the Cats have been ranked in or around the top 25 while some rankings has the Dirty Birds anywhere from in the 40s to the 20s.


The actual list of recruits that each coach has acquired so far is as follows:






Neither coach is finished for the year with recruiting by a long shot. The final rankings are months away as high school kids still have a long time to declare one way or the other. What's the most important stat? Joker is 1-0 against Charlie Strong. The Defense Rests.


Fire Pete Thamel

1 comment:

  1. Actually, as of today, UL has 20 commitments, 9 of whom are offensive players, and 1 is a kicker. That's pretty even. I still call it for the Cards (bc, like everyone else on earth I bleed RED) and Strong...as I think he's the better coach and recruiter. Then again, like you, I'm baised, haha.

    ReplyDelete