Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Josh Selby: The Eligibility non-News Story



If you Google Josh Selby eligibility you get about 26,500 results. If you Google Eric Bledsoe eligibility you get about 72,300 results. If you Google Enes Kanter eligibility you get about 452,000 results.

Josh Selby, the number 1 recruit in the 2010 class, has still not been cleared by the NCAA to play for the Kansas Jayhawks because of possible improper benefits. He has close ties with Carmelo Anthony's manager Bay Frazier. Frazier helped Selby in the recruiting process and helped him (pimped him) to other schools. Selby was also riding around in a light-blue Mercedes for which nobody has an explanation. I wonder if Selby will have to sit out 2 games and repay any money? (Please see John Wall)

I'm not going to throw stones at Selby and start in on Kansas because everybody knows what UK has been through and I will be the last person to say that Kansas has any knowledge of this until there is proof. My beef is that this story is getting virtually no press. Nobody is talking about it on Sportscenter, PTI, Around the Horn, in the Sporting News, in Sports Illustrated, etc... like they were with Kanter and Bledsoe.

I don't think that I am going out on too much of a limb here when I say that if Selby would have gone to UK that this story would be national news and everybody would be getting into a frenzy over it. But that's not the case because Kansas is not Kentucky. I know Kansas is a prominent program but they do not draw the attention or the national fan base that UK does. It's a fact.

My hope is that stories like this would be treated fairly with the same amount of bias but I know that is not the case. The fact is that as long as Kentucky is successful they will be under a microscope.

Where were you on Selby, Pete Thamel?

No comments:

Post a Comment