Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cards Fans, there's hope yet- Demarcus Smith decommits...again

It's been a tough couple of weeks for the Cardinals. They lose in the Big East Tournament Championship; a loss in the first round of the NCAA tournament to lowly Moorehead State; the coach looks more comfortable calling out Charles Barkley than he does calling out plays; and their biggest rival Kentucky made the Final Four.

But never fear Cards fans, there's always football season and today I shed a good light on a dark time. Louisville's Seneca High School QB DeMarcus Smith has asked out of his National Letter of Intent that he signed with Central Florida in February.

He said in a release: "Today I have filed a release request with the University of Central Florida, asking to be released from my national letter-of-intent I signed in February, due to extenuating circumstances...I send my apologies to the University of Louisville and the University of Central Florida for this issue...I view this as a private matter and will have no further comment until a later date."

It's a familiar situation as Smith had originally committed to Louisville, but like a girl that dumps you goes out with someone else and then breaks up with him, there's still a chance Smith comes crawling back to Papa Johns.

No comments:

Post a Comment