Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a Thirsty Thursday and you want news!

Demarcus Cousins held a press conference at 11:00 this morning. During the conference he spoke about the decision to leave, his feelings about school, the next step to get ready for the NBA and more. Here are some highlights :
  • "I could stay here forever. I have so much love for this university.” That heading to the NBA was the right choice for him, but it wasn't easy. He talked about how really happy he was and was accepted for the first time in his life. DeMarcus said that he would be back a lot.
  • His main focus right now is “getting his body right”. He wants to improve his conditioning and recognizes that he will need to in order to achieve his potential. As parting words, he takes a shot at Vandy and Florida, stating that Dwight Howard is a little tougher matchup than Alex Tyus or AJ Ogilvy.
  • The first thing he will buy will be whatever his mother wants and he won't be getting a car anytime soon because he doesn’t have a license *sigh... we miss you already
With that, it makes me miss Demarcus even more. While Kentucky will load up on top talent (at this rate it feels safe to say) every year, there will never be another Boogie. His charisma and smile worked their way into the Cat's hearts and his one year was special.

Which makes me want to drink. Luckily it's Thirsty Thursdays again at the Louisville AAA Bats tonight. With your admission, you'll have access to $1 16oz beer from 5:30 to 7:00. The SportsThat crew will be represented by yours truly and 2Hot. If you don't write for this site, Find me before 7:00, mention the article and I'll buy your next beer!

1 comment:

  1. I was having such a good day until I read this article for two reasons:

    1). I second your thoughts on Boogie. He was the funniest guy to ever wear a UK uniform and one of the easiest to like. Calipari said that Cousins is "like a son" to him at the Galt House yesterday. I know Kanter is going to be one of my player's on 2010's team but he can't come close to Boogie. I'm not sure any other Cat player ever will.

    2). I can't make it to the first Thirsty Thursday.

    Thanks for ruining my day.

    ReplyDelete