Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Who won the gold glove?


NY Daily News - The Yankees’ infield is golden. Even Derek Jeter. At least that’s what managers and coaches around the league seem to think, as Jeter, Mark Teixeira and Robinson Cano were among the American League Gold Glove winners announced on Tuesday. Cano and Teixeira’s awards were hardly a surprise, as both players are considered to be among the elite at their respective positions. Jeter, on the other hand, was not expected to win the Gold Glove, as most industry experts though Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus would capture his first. Jeter led all AL shortstops with a .989 fielding percentage, while his six errors were the fewest for any everyday shortstop in the league.

Fielding percentage shmielding percentage. Look I’m one of the biggest Yankee haters out there. But El Capitan winning the gold glove this year is like me winning a Pulitzer Prize. Like yea I know I nailed that Cleveland post, and even Thunderstick liked my Pete Thamel Photoshop Post post not too long ago, but I mean, come on.

And Jeter can still turn 2 like a m' effer and I can’t even imagine anybody else starting at SS for the Yankees, but let’s be honest – my Memaw has more range than Jeter at this point. And don’t get me wrong I still think he's the only Yankee I'll ever respect, but sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. And if Derek Jeter was really the best SS in the American League last year, there must be some cripples starting around the rest of the league.

P.S. How pissed do you think A-Rod is?


As always:

#GoCats!

#FreeEnes


Follow Deuce_Shoes on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment