Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The San Francisco Treat


The San Francisco Giants’ lineup is seriously so dumpy I can’t even begin to describe it. And I’m not even saying that in a sour-grapes sore-loser-Cubs-Fan sorta way. I actually like the Giants and I was rooting for them. But rather my point is that its so freaking hard and weird to win in baseball. I mean look at that 7th inning – the Giants trotted out:

Cody Ross

Juan Uribe

Aubrey Huff

Pat The Bat

and Edgar “Yes, the Same Edgar Renteria from 1997″ Renteria.

Against Cliff fucking Lee. And they put up a 3 spot which could win them a World Series. Its insane. You look around at some of the other lineups (i.e. the Cubs with Ramirez, Soriano, Lee etc) who can’t seem to string together 2 hits, and then you look at this Giants batting order, combined age of like 700 years and career batting average of like .220 and they win a World Championship.

Gotta be infurrrrriating for some GMs around the league who put together legit lineups and can’t even sniff the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment