Thursday, June 17, 2010

NBA Finals: Game 7

So it's a battle of the NBA Titans. Celtics @ Lakers in the 17th NBA Finals Game 7. Personally, I would like to see the Celtics win, since they have the Kentucky ties. However, I would like to see Kobe win so he can be closer to being considered the best player ever. Right now, the only thing that stands between him and that title is a couple more championships and Michael Jordan.

If Kobe gets that W tonight, he'll be one step closer to Jordan - someone I just don't like. Why don't I like the 'best ever'? He ripped the heart out of my chest for 2 years in a row when he beat the Jazz in the NBA Finals for the last championships Chicago won.

Ok, so that was like 13-14 years ago. I should be over it... John Stockton and Karl Malone haven't been in the league for more than 5 years... and I should be over it and back on the Jordan bandwagon. But when Jordan was inducted to the Hall of Fame, on the same night as David Robinson and previously mentioned John Stockton, it reminded me of just how much I dislike him. He is a jerk. He acts like he runs the world, everyone owes him something, and he can't take any blame for the things he did wrong (affairs, retirement, the Wizards, etc. etc.)

So tonight, I cheer for the Celtics but I feel like no matter the winner - I win. Either the Wildcats get another alumnus a championship in Rajon Rondo or Kobe inches closer to making Jordan just another player. Mainly, I just want to see a good game.

Some notes on tonights game: 

  • The Lakers have won each of their games in blowout fashion. The Celtics have won each game that was close. 
  • This is the 17th NBA Final to reach Game 7. 
  • The last time the Celtics and Lakers faced in the finals was June 12, 1984 the Celtics won 111-102 
  • 6 times the team that won game 5 and went up 3-2 had to go on the road - the Celtics won Game 5.
    • 4 times the team won Game 6 on the road - the Lakers won Game 6. 
    • 2 times the teams went to Game 7 and both times the road teams lost - bad news for the Celtics.
I'm picking the Lakers, with Lamar O to have the key role.

No comments:

Post a Comment