Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daniel Orton backfills massive hole dug with UK fans

Daniel Orton has been the point of much criticism over the last few months, many of those points coming from the people that once praised him at Kentucky. However his actions and statements with the Kentucky fans and even with the NBA scouts soured a few opinions of him.

Orton was drafted #29 to the Orlando Magic in this months NBA Draft and many former Kentucky fans would have liked to have seen him fall further after his behavior. But Orton spent few minutes on Twitter apologizing for his failure to finish his spring semester and the quotes attributed to him concerning his desire to play at Kansas.

"Okay there are some things that I've been needing to address, but I was trying to focus my attention elsewhere. As far as the classes I want to apologize for not doing what I said I would. I messed up bigtime and hope I can be somewhat forgiven. I messed up on a few due dates on my online class and I just lost focus in school. I apologize. Then the thing about the Kansas comment. I was more so set up on that question; we all know the media and how they like to get people but i was asked was there any other school that I would have gone to. At first I said no because I loved UK and I loved my experience and my teammates there. Then he proceeded to say I know Kansas was recruiting you hard, you never had any thoughts of maybe you should have gone there? Of course I thought that at times I won't lie about that I'm sure at least two players on every college team this year question their decision but in the end I am happy that I went to UK. As far as leavin early. I can't really justify myself there. So sorry UK fans love yall and yall are the best Ima miss it!"
While it won't be enough to sweeten every fan on him, it will win over some that soured. Those extra fans will be much needed while riding the pine behind Dwight Howard.

No comments:

Post a Comment