Friday, April 8, 2011

Player Confiedence Level




The more I read about the possibility of UK players leaping to the draft, the more I think wbout what we could have coming back. I have comprised the percentage that I feel comfortable that each player is coming back. How did I come up with my comfortability rankings? Let'e just say I have scanned the Internet, the blogs and used my Gut Feeling. Much like the Gut Feeling that led George W. Bush to Iraq.


Brandon Knight- 25% comfortable with his return. If there was one player on this year's team that I would say that we needed to come back for a serious title run, it's Knight. He is still attending class (all UK players are at this time) but his mother said he is still 50/50. Right now Knight is #8 on ESPN as far as his draft stock. His clutch performances in the tournament vaulted him about 8 to 10 spots. I don't think he would play point in the NBA, but he could be a scoring 2 guard with amazing ball handling skills. I just hope the fact that he will be coming in as a junior next year gives him second thoughts.


Terrence Jones- 10% comfortable with his return. Jones' aunt says that he us still weighing his option. I believe that Jones benefits the most to go early with Jared Sullinger, John Henson and Tyler Zeller deciding to stay in college. I think this ups his draft status. But to throw a wrench in the works the Morris twins from Kansas have decided to enter their names but Jones will be a better pick up. There is a lack of good big men in the draft this season. Jones could see his status go up because of it.


Doron Lamb- 70% comfortable with his return. It was rumored at the start of the season that Lamb wanted to go to the NBA more than any other freshman at UK. The problem is that this draft is guard heavy, he played spotty at times and he needs to work on his overall skills package. Lamb is a great shooter and has a knack for getting to the basket. His dribbling is suspect and there isn't a great need for a guy like him right now. His father says that his son is returning and could benefit greatly with one more year under Calipari. Lamb could be a top 10 pick next season.


Darius Miller- 95% comfortable with his return. There was a rumor that Miller may just put his name in the draft to satisfy his curiosity, his father admitted as much. But I doubt Miller is even in the second round at this point. Despite his strong finish to the season he was very shaky through the first Ole Miss game. He ended up being SEC tournament MVP and could be a first team All SEC performer if he continues to develop.


DeAndre Liggins- 65% comfortable with his return. The only reason that this number is so low is Liggins' family situation. I don't think he is ready for the next leve. His defense is stellar and his offense has really picked up, but the NBA is more interested in scorers than defenders. Don't believe me? Watch five minutes of an NAB game, then come talk to me. If Liggins sees his name early second round I think he is gone, but I doubt that will be an issue. I understand his decision either way.


Enes Kanter- The big man will be a top 5 draft pick. Despite the fact that he promised to return for his sophomore year, the NCAA banned him for life. I can't wait to see what he does in the NBA. I am an Enes fan for life. The NCAA is bogus.


With all that, here is what I think the starting line up will be next season:

Point- Marquis Teauge

Shooting Guard- Doron Lamb

Small Forward- Michael Gilchrist

Power Forward- Darius Miller

Center- Anthony Davis


Bench: DeAndre Liggins, Kyle Wiltjer, Eloy Vargas, Jon Hood, Stacey Poole, Jarrod Polson.


If everybody comes back:

Point-Marquis Teague

Shooting Guard- Brandon Knight

Small Forward-Michael Gilchrist

Power Forward- Terrence Jones

Center- Anthony Davis


Bench: Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Doron Lamb, Eloy Vargas, Kyle Wiltjer, Jon Hood, Stacey Poole, Jarrod Polson.


I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment