Monday, April 4, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer are Approaching

As many of you know, this blog is 90% dedicated to University of Kentucky basketball and football. The other 10% of it is comprised of making fun of UofL and other sports of interest.

Now that UK basketball and football are in their off seasons, what shall we discuss? This blog used to dedicate more time to pro sports news and I guess that is what is going to happen. But here is a look at what you can expect from us while this seemingly endless hiatus of sports we love continues:

  • First and foremost we will be covering the decisions of UK players and their return or departure. This is an ongoing saga that keeps us on pins and needles. Much like the soap operas that Monster Mash loves.

  • Recruiting gives us plenty of things to speculate and crow about. Despite the seasons not actually being in session, we can always look at who is coming and the dominance of John Calipari as a recruiter.

  • UK baseball is going to be decent this year. I guess we can check up on them from time to time. The UK/UofL baseball games are always an exciting fare.

  • Last year gave us the hairbrush incident involving Preston Knowles, the year before that gave us the shocking news of Terrence Jennings and Uncle Jerry Smith's brush with the Indiana police. There is no telling which UofL basketball player will give us all something to laugh at. My money is on Mike Marra in some type of meth bust. You hear it here first!

  • Hopefully Monster Mash will give us a real time diary of his trip to Thailand this summer.

  • The MLB? I guess we can cover it from time to time. If we have to...

  • The NBA Playoffs are always 1,000 times more fun to watch than the regular season. This gives us something interesting to talk about.

  • No Karen Sypher trial this summer. Damn it all!!!

  • NFL lockout updates should take up some time.

  • The misadventures of the Sportsthat crew attending dollar beer nights at the Louisville Bats games. I would especially like T-Ferg to cover this.

And there you have it. Some things that should definitely keep your interest going for the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment