Monday, July 26, 2010

The Top Five Sports Stories I Missed




My official return post is about the major sports stories that I missed while I was away. Everybody knows what number one is going to be. I found that there was a new drinking game created in honor of the top spot. The 2 hours leading up to The Decision on ESPN was full of LeBron talk. Every time the word "LeBron" was said you had to take a drink. Too bad I wasn't able to participate in it. Oh well! Here is the list:

1. LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade form Megatron- Yes it happened and the rest of the NBA is shaking in their boots. The King took some major "Heat" (haha!) from David Stern and the owner of the Cavs for his ego maniacal ESPN special. But LeBron is going to be laughing while wearing his multiple rings. In related news the Cavs decided to replace James with Samardo Samules. Ouch.

2. Darth Vader Died- The head of the Evil Empire passed away and I for one was rather sickened by all of the hoopla surrounding it. I'm not saying that Georgie boy didn't deserve it for his major contributions to the MLB. I'm saying he didn't deserve all of the "George was such a nice guy and caring person" crap, because he wasn't. He was a prick and was actually banned from Major League Baseball twice for offenses worse than Pete Rose's but was allowed back in because the Yankees are big business and he knew how to win in New York.

3. John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins went Beast Mode in the NBA summer league- The two former Cats were arguably the most impressive rookies in the summer league. Wall made the ESPN Top Plays on a monster ball off of the backboard slam and put up 31 in one game. Boogie averaged a double-double and looked like he should have went #2 to the Nets. If only those guys could have come back for one more year...(single tear).

4. The reason that Kentucky can't make it in football is...- There is apparently a lot of cheating going on in the SEC. There are four teams, including Georgia and Florida, under investigation for NCAA violations. I am not one to make excuses but this is an excuse. It doesn't matter if there is cheating going on! Joker needs to find a way to cheat better!

5. The World Cup is mercifully over- I was in an airport in Seattle when Spain was battling that other team for the title of World's Best at Kicking a Ball. There was cheering and whooping going on at various sports bars in the terminal but I declined to join in. I sat there and read a book, quietly thanking whatever supreme being is running the show that this event is only once every four years. I hate soccer.

There you have it. Five short synopsis on five pretty big stories. If I had been in town you could have expected longer posts with even more radical views and outrageous claims. Now that I am back I will be happy to return to my old form.

No comments:

Post a Comment