Monday, February 14, 2011

Good News/Bad News Situation for Cats in the NBA




For anything positive there will always be something negative. Let's start with the negative:

One of the all time favorite UK basketball players is having a tough time figuring out how to be a good pro. DeMarcus Cousins has again found himself in hot water with the Sacramento Kings. And this is after he has been playing so well and many thought that he had turned the corner on his maturity.

Cousins was booted from the team plane and suspended for a game for fighting teammate Donte Green in the locker for not passing him the ball in the closing seconds of a 99-97 loss to Oklahoma city. Not good.

Here is what Sacramento had to say: "We do not intend to give up on DeMarcus' talent and potential. We look forward to watching his continued improvement and development, which has been significant since the beginning of the season."

DeMarcus: "I accept full responsibility for my actions and know that I must keep raising my standard of professionalism to be my best and a great player in the NBA."

The Kings obviously see his talent and want him to be a part of the future. Figure it out DeMarcus. Don't become a malcontent. Don't become a T-Will. You're a better person than that.

The positive:

Rajon Rondo had a triple-double yesterday in a win for the Celtics over a star studded Heat team. I watched the game and Rondo absolutely took over the game in the third quarter. He ended up with 11 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Rondo is averaging a double -double for the season with 11 points and 12 assists. He is the best point guard in the NBA in my opinion.

A funny moment came in the game when Rondo decided to try and sneak into the Miami Heat huddle in the third quarter and listen in on the play. Take a look:




It's also pretty funny to hear Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson arguing over whether it's a big deal or not. I'm going to side with the guy that played in the NBA for over a decade.

2 comments:

  1. I like how every article has to have some sort of jab at UL in it...cute. You COULD have pointed out, in talking about Cousins, that the ONLY player to come to his defense was none other than former Card Francisco Garcia...but we all know you can't give props to anything Louisville related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Garcia, it wasn't in the article I linked. Francisco is not a Cardinal that annoys me. I appreciate him defending Boogie.

    And I love to rip on T-Thrill whenever I get the chance. He is my third least favorite Card of all time behind Lil Eddie and Uncle Jerry.

    ReplyDelete