Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dunk of the Year: Terrence Jones or Kyle Kuric





Both of these dunks are amazing. I mean,they are Blake Griffin amazing. My vote goes for Jones' dunk for two reasons: A). I am an unapologetic UK homer and B). Jones took the ball coast to coast, took his man one on one, broke his man's ankles with a cross over and then jammed it home. The fact that a guy playing the four spot can drive the floor is awesome enough, but when he faked out the guy guarding him, that sealed it for me. The levels of difficulty and play were much greater.

I liked the Kuric dunk very much as well. The problem I have with it is the UofL fans have ruined it for me. All over the message boards they are whining and complaining about the technical foul he received as if it was the most controversial and egregious call ever made by a basketball official. As if the technical foul was not called, UofL would have won the game. Gimmee a break. It was too early in the game for that call to matter that much. Louisville was in it despite the call. Their lack of playing ability in overtime is what cost them the game.

Vote for your favorite dunk or jump on my case for my opinions on the technical foul call. They are the dunks of the year in college basketball by far at this point. Jones' was just a little better. Louisville fans ruined it for everybody again.

No comments:

Post a Comment