Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DeAndre Liggins: Quick News and Notes




I only have time for a quick post. Duty calls. It was good to see the Cats do what we all know they can do, and that's play good team basketball. Some thoughts:


-DeAndre Liggins and Jorts seem to have finally gotten the memo that Calipari has been pushing the past month. Both veterans scored in double digits. And I must say, besides Jorts' monster game against Dem Dirty Birds, Liggins had the performance of the year. A career high 19 points was accomponied by unmatched hustle and aggressiveness. Can we say catalyst for a run?

-The Cats finally looked like they were having fun out there again. After a string of ho-hum games and back to back losses, the team looked ready to get after it. Last night they looked loose and dominated the entire game. The friendly confines of Rupp really seem to work magic on this team.

-Speaking of that: 29 straight home wins at Rupp.

-They all can't be at home. This Saturday is AT dreaded Vanderbilt. Must Win Game Part Deux: Road Warriors.
-I attribute the win to me for posting the Troop 41 "Do the John Wall" video. You are welcome and yes I will continue to do so as long as the Cats keep winning.

-Louisville plays Notre Dame in South Bend tonight. I am a Notre Dame fan. I hate Ben Hansbrough. I hate Louisville more. UK demolished both of these teams. Go Irish. ND wins 69-60.

-Duke and North Carolina play. Besides Dick Vitale and their fan bases, who cares? 10-1 odds Vitale has an orgasim if Duke wins. Any takers?


That's all for now. I might be back later with something else, but for now I have to run. Go Cats and Go Irish!


P.S. John Wall was the "Y". Boogie's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment