Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Wrapup: A weekend to forget


This sports weekend sucked for me for three reasons. Here they are in order of when they took place, not in order from what sucked most to what sucked least: UK lost to Bruce Pearl and his team of convicts; Edgar Sosa made the winning shot in a UofL victory; the USA lost to Canada for the gold in Olympic hockey. Which one hurts the most? To me, the loss to our Neighbors from the North.


-The UK loss doesn't bother me all that much. They fought back from a huge deficit and made a game of it. They were tired from playing a 9 p.m. game on Thursday and had to come and play a 12 p.m. game on Saturday which leaves little or no time for game preparations. Cal decided not to do a pregame shoot around to give his team extra rest and then immediately regretted it. The Cats came out sluggish and the fatigue showed. I blame that for the poor shooting performance. It's not late March so it's not time to panic.


-The UofL win only bothered me because of who won the game for them. If Siva, Samuels, Kuric , Delk, Knowels or Swopshire would have made that shot then I would not have cared one bit. I actually like those guys and the way they play. But it had to be Little Eddie. There are really only two people on that team that I cannot stand and it happens to be Little Eddie and Jerry Smith. I'm neutral on Jennings because I think the guy is too dumb to hate.

To the Louisville fans: You know that sick feeling in your stomach whenever you see Cousins on TV? Yeah, well that's how I fell about Sosa and Smith. The difference is that Cousins is actually good while Smith and Sosa are terrible. UofL fans even lament whenever either of those two are on the floor and I can't tell you how many times I have heard the phrase, "Siva needs to play more than Sosa. He would be awesome if he had some experience." And my response is always,"I agree." So think about that before you come rushing to defend either one of them.



-I hate hockey. I find it boring and dull to watch. So it angers me even more when I watch the game, get emotionally involved, cheer for a team and then they lose. That's what happened tonight. Canada ruined only the second time I watched and cheered during a hockey game. The US gave it all they had but, in the end, the Canadian Mount-Me's prevailed. I declare tomorrow National Punch a Canadian Day. If you see a Canadian, please punch him/her. It might make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment