Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SportsThat Fans of the Day















Cubs win! Cubs Win!

After another upheavel of good teams in the Big East last night, UConn came one step closer to a Invite to the NCAA Tournament. As a Kentucky fan, this win was key for us for two reasons:

1) RPI - UConn getting better increases Kentucky's wins against good teams.
2) West Va. Loses - WVa was one team that could have stolen away UK's #1 seed should something terrible happen in the next 4 games and the SEC Tournament.

I still don't know if I can find room to cheer for the Cards to beat Syracuse for the same reasons as above. I think all of the late upsets and remaining schedule come down to the UL vs UConn game. The game will be key for both teams and I think the winner goes dancing while the loser goes home (for an NIT game).

Also, early spread yesterday had Louisville a +2 favorite over Georgetown. Granted, this is early, and these lines change quicker than Curt's sexual orientation, but what are your thoughts? Who do you have your money on?

10 comments:

  1. Check out my blog and I break down the rest of teh Cards' games nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way: nice glasses four-eyes! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever is making this site look good Bravo to you. nice work. The panda's on the left hand side are amazing.
    Tonights game: I think Louisville needs to get hot outside, hopefully the tatted wonder mike marra can get off for another dozen or so. Like James said below SamSam struggles with great big men (Monroe likely first round pick). Over the past few games the offense has gone through SamSam and he needs to step up and put a quality offensive game together for this team to make a decent run.
    Pitino said that their point guard had to be shut down, Preston and Jerry will step up and foul the shit out of him in the press and the mans forearms will be so bruised he wont be able to shoot.
    With that said if 2Sam can grab more boards and score more than Monroe I think UL wins tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig, give me your email and I will grant Author privledges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Craig does need author privelages. He will be a good contributor and he is funny. i doubt Matt or Curt will be on here very often. I'm calling you two out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig will be honored to know that he got boogiewoogie's approval to be an author

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Craig, SamSam is the key to the entire game. If he can have anything CLOSE to a double-double performance against Monroe then I like the Cards' chances. Right now it is Cards by 4. Will they cover the spread?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lance, the site does look great. I am impressed. let's get some more followers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craig473@gmail.com
    The cards win by 7+. Hoping the game isnt close late. Dont want it to come down to free throws.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as Samrdo is shooting them I wouldnt be worried.

    ReplyDelete