Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rex Ryan: Please Shut Your Face

The amount of B.S. that comes out of my mouth per press conference stacks about this high.

If there is one thing in this world that most people cannot stand it is a blowhard, loudmouth jerk. There happens to be such a person coaching the New York Jets. Head Coach Rex Ryan has thus far made his career at New York about one thing: Himself.

The J-E-T-S play their arch rival (only in their heads), the New England Patriots, this Sunday in New England. Last time the boys in Green played there the score ended up being 45-3 in favor of the Pats. A week full of Jets smack talk was quickly shut down by what actually wins football games; performance.

Ryan has inserted his foot (or maybe his wife's) in his mouth multiple times but now he has really done it. He called out the best coach of all time to go man to man and he questioned one of the best quarterback's of all time work ethic.

What sexy Rexy said: "It's personal. It's me against Bill Bellichick." And he also stated that Tom Brady doesn't study like Peyton Manning and that he gets all of his help from his coach.

And it has trickled down like poison to his team. Antonio Cormartie, father of 12 kids, said this about Brady: "F---k him. He's an a--h-le." Uh-oh.

To the Credit of Tom and Bill, they have been quiet. Brady replied to the smack talk by saying that he has been called worse and the head coach said that he doesn't plan on catching, tackling or passing in the game. Class all the way.

I will end with this. Tom Brady has said in the past when talking about the Jets that they take after their head coach, and he also takes after his head coach. Brady's words of wisdom were this: "Say little when you win and say even less when you lose."

I'll be rooting for the Pats come Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I actually like to hear the smack talk - while I don't know if Rex Ryan should be doing it, and I do think he is wrong saying it doesnt amp the opposing team up - I like having a little show around the game. It definitely makes me care about a Raiderless playoffs even more (yes I haven't cared in a long time about the playoffs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like smack talk every now and then. I like it from players that have actually accomplished something. Rex Ryan and the Jets have done squat since he has become coach but act like they are champs.

    I do agree that it makes things a lot more interesting since both of my teams failed to make the playoffs. And it also makes me like the way the Pats go abotu there business more and mroe everyday.

    ReplyDelete