Tuesday, January 25, 2011

College Basketball News and Notes: Early Season Bracketology Edition




Who feels like a college basketball love fest? I do!!! Here are some quick hitters concerning my personal favorite sport.


Cats and Cards Bracektology:


"Bracketologist" Joe Lunardi has been doing his weekly updates of the bracket projections and this week is no different. The Lue Dog has the Wildcats at a 4 seed and the Cardinals as a 6. Both on the San Antonio side, which could lead to a UK/UofL tournament rivalry. Before you get too excited at the thought, I don't think it happens. The Cards are about to drop like a rock because of a difficult road ahead. For some reason I think these Cards get not better than a 9 seed and get no farther than the second round. But who am I kidding? I'm just a lowly blogger. I'm not a professional "bracektologist." I do wish I could have a made up job like "bracketologist". I think I want to be a professional "candyologist".


For arguments sake here is another bracket provided by NBC Sports that has the Cats as a 3 seed and them Dirty Birds as a 7. And they are on opposite ends of the bracket. I like this bracket better and I officially endorse it. Up yours Lunardi.


Brandon Knight Vs. Josh Selby


The two most coveted point guards in the 2010 recruiting class were UK's Brandon Knight and KU's Josh Selby. Knight got to play right away while Selby had to sit out a large portion of the early season. Many Cats' fans were disappointed that Selby went to Kansas, as he was the #1 player in the class. Let's see how the two are stacking up, shall we?


Knight-19 games played; 17.6 ppg; 3.7 apg; record as a starter-15-4.


Selby- 10 games played; 11.3 ppg; 2.2.8 apg; record- 9-1.


I think we are doing just fine with Mr. Brandon Knight.


West Virginia is for Quitters


West Virginia forward Dan Jennings actually walked away from the bench and to the locker room in the middle of his team's game against South Florida. Smart money tells me this kid is gone.


Huggy Bear will also be without the services of leading scorer Casey Mitchell for an extended period of time. Mitchell has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. I am thinking Marijuana or some other illegal substance. Both players will not be made available against Louisville tomorrow night in the Bucket. This reinforces my belief that the Cards win at home Wednesday. And then begins their demise after that.


The Mountaineers actually won the game against South Florida 56-46, if anybody cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment