Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Ode to Randall




This is a poem that I would like to dedicate to the one and only Randall Cobb.


Young sir from the Volunteer State

Thank you for your years with the Big Blue

They sure were great


Watching you cut and knife through the opponent's D

Was something great to behold

And filled the Nation of Blue with glee


The number 18 shone white or blue upon your chest

But you were more than human at times

Sometimes that 18 might as well have been an "S"


But, lo! You have heard the NFL's Siren Song

You will now depart from us

All we will have is the memories before long!


The memories of you being the thorn in the side

Of the Dirty Cardinals year after year

Allowed me to swell with boastful pride


Who! Who shall take your place!

I cannot see your equal at present

Hence the tears that stream down my face


But at least we had you, man with eyes so blue

Your play was magnificent

Hopefully another on this team will take your cue


I bid thee farewell, Randall! God's Speed in the pros

Nothing but the best for you sir

As for now, your departure has filled me with woe


No comments:

Post a Comment