Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gentle Ben Gets Handled


Hello Sportsthat Nation. It's been a while and I missed you. While on my hiatus I was busy with a lot of things and sports was always in focus for me. Some things that I would have blogged about but didn't were the following: My disappointment in the Cats going to the Compass Bowl; The losses to UConn and UNC were growing pains for a young squad; Louisville basketball's cupcake schedule to start the year; John Wall is amazing as a pro; Terrence Jones may be one of the best players in the country; and the list could go on.

But something dragged me out of hibernation last night. Something that was so unnerving and rage inducing that I HAD to blog about it today. And that was Ben Hansbrough, aka Tyler's Lil' Brother, aka Psycho B, aka Gentle Ben.

As Ben was lighting up UK from the three point line he decided that he needed to rub it in at every turn. He was shooting fake pistols, posing with his arm still arched in the air, dancing and making faces at the packed house at Freedom Hall (that blue on the court was lovely), telling the Kentucky fans to be quiet.

I was seriously enraged. I had not seen a college kid showboat like this since Terrence Williams was River Dancing for Ricky P against Arizona. The announcers were talking about how unstoppable he was and how he was going to top his high score of 24 for his career because he had 19 in the first half alone. No blame to them, he looked like he was going to go for 40.

And then a different Wildcat team came out in the second half and shut him down. He went 0- for eternity from the three point line and the field. He was making bad passes to wide open teammates and choking at every turn. A lot of that had to do with the combo guarding of Jones and DeAndre Liggins. It was a beautiful thing to say. Needless to mention, the crowd was relentless as they should have been. He was booed and jeered at whenever he touched the ball.

What really sucks is that I am an Irish fan. Of course I was cheering for the Cats to win and I did not hope for one second that Notre Dame would win. But I certainly wouldn't cheer against them. Until I got a load of that Douche-Bag.

This is difficult for me to say, but I seriously hope Louisville shuts him down when they play later in the year. I can't cheer for Notre Dame as long as that turd is on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment